Do you have a really curly hair and feels like it just ruin your look, especially when it just to bushy like a clown looks. Gosh- I want to get rid of it!!! ~chop it! straighten it! shave it! cover it with scarf or a hat!..i do feel that way last time.
Why not this time we accept the way your hair are with an open hearth by think the positive side. a lot of people especially artist just spend on their money just to turn their straight hair into a perfect curly hair of their choice. Did u even realize it, how special our hair are. As for it, the only thing that we need is to know the right way to care of this hair so that it does not turn to be dull, frizzy or brittle and ruin your look or appearances.
Here i would like to share with some of way and tips of manage curly hair.
Ways to manage:
- Don't wash your hair with shampoo every day and use cool water to rinse. (from my experience curls hair are more dry than straight hair, so try to limit your washings to twice a week to maintain natural oils.)
- Distribute conditioner throughout your hair; find a good moisturizing conditioner that won't flatten out your curls. (this to prevent or hair become dry after shampoo, curls are must for this steps.)
- Avoid wringing or rubbing it with a towel, instead use a cotton t-shirt to blot hair dry. (Gently scrunch out most of the water with your fingers while you're still in the shower.)
- Let it air dry for about 15 minutes, but do not touch or comb your hair. (If your hair is very thick or frizzes easily you may want to put in hair products immediately after getting out of the shower.)
- Choose a good leave-in-conditioner or cream. (Apply to bottom 3/4 of hair.)
- Put in some curl-defining mousse or gel. (i can suggest you two product which i usually use and give a goo result - L'Oreals Studio Line Curl Power & Wella SP Supermousse .
- Shape the hair by scrunching it some more and twirling pieces around a finger. Let the hair air-dry preferably. Do not touch while drying.
- Choose a hairdresser experienced in curly/dry hair. It helps to have your hair cut with thinning shears. (i have an experience where the hairdresser turn my hair into lion's hair.so be careful girls when you choose one.)
- Visit your stylist at least three times a year to trim split ends and reshape your hair if it is healthy (more if not). Don't let your hairstylist use a razor to layer your hair (although long layers good). Razors cause ratty looking ends which will contribute to split ends
- Condition curls in the morning. Sleeping on curls flattens them out. If you didn’t have time for a shower in the morning, and you are running late, rinse your hair out, apply mousse, scrunch and run!
- Try putting on some lavender oil or coconut oil in your hair for styling. This will reduce the frizz, while conditioning your hair and protecting it against sun damage.
- Maintain your desired style by just wetting hair with some conditioner on non-washing days (rinse thoroughly).
- If you want more body on the top of your head to help counteract pyramid-shaped hair, try putting some clips in the top of your hair near your part while damp and let your hair dry with the clips in. This will help to give more body when you later take them out.